Are you going to the gym for your first time?
It can be intimidating to go to the gym for the first time. It’s possible that you don’t know how to use some pieces of equipment or are unsure about proper etiquette. We can help. Let us help you get started, so that you don’t lose sight of your fitness goals.
What should I wear to the gym
To go to the gym, you don’t have to be dressed up in the most recent trainers and workout gear. However, it’s important to wear clothes that are comfortable for your work outs.
What are the most important things to know about going to the gym
- Bring a water bottle, and a towel. This is not only hygienic but also respectful. It allows the person using the equipment to have a great time.
- When you are done with your equipment and weights, put them away.
- Keep your phone off the gym’s floor. This will ensure that you don’t distract others.
- It is also important to pick the right time to visit the gym.
- The peak times for city gyms are usually in the morning, lunch and evening. Suburban clubs tend to have a later peak period.
Classes: It’s best to arrive at least 10-15 minutes before class starts to ensure a spot. This is especially true if the teacher or class you are interested in is very popular.
Things to do during your first gym session
There is so much equipment at our gyms. Where should you begin? Cross-trainers, rowing machines, treadmills and exercise bikes are all available at most of our gyms. These equipment are great for warming up and improving cardiovascular fitness. They can also help you lose weight by allowing you to do more intense workouts. Cross trainers and exercise bikes are great for beginners. They are low-impact, which means less strain on your joints. This makes them ideal for those who have been away from exercising for a while.
Also, you should give resistance (or weight) machines a try. Balance is key to success. If you only focus on cardio, you will not be able to hit your goals. You can start by doing 10-12 repetitions on each machine. Then, increase the weight as you feel comfortable. These machines are not for those who want to push themselves too hard.
What if I don’t know what I’m doing at the gym?
If you are unsure how to use the equipment, it’s okay. It’s okay if you’re still having trouble remembering the details after your Personal Goal setting and induction sessions. Do not worry if you feel overwhelmed. Keep it simple when you first start, don’t push yourself too hard, and enjoy it. The most important thing to remember is to show up every day, whether you’re at the gym or elsewhere.
Ask a staff member if you’re having trouble understanding something. They are available to assist you.
Do I have to sign up for a personal trainer
These sessions will allow you to establish a baseline of your fitness and get familiar with the gym. You can also check out ntaifitness gym equipment or learn about the various group classes available and how to use certain equipment.
Although you don’t have to join a training program, there are many benefits to having one.
I went to the gym for the first time. What now?
Congratulate yourself. Congratulations! You have just taken the first step towards a healthier lifestyle. You now need to stay motivated. Here are some simple tips to help you keep going and you will see the results.
Mix up your training
- You might consider taking a class.
- Your week’s workout plan and when you can go to the gym
- Invite a friend, or make new friends, and agree to meet up
- If all else fails, our teams of Personal Trainers and Fitness Motivators are available to assist you in reaching your goals. Good luck!