For businesses, events, and places, safety and security are always crucial considerations. Hiring a competent security guard not only offers a favorable impression of your company’s prestige, but it also reduces disruptions and gives you piece of mind that your company is safe.
The most common inquiry is how much does it cost to hire a security guard.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important considerations when determining your security expenditures.
Need a quotation right away? Contacting us with your information here is the easiest method to learn how much to hire bodyguard London will cost your company. We can give you a free quote.
Security guard expenses on average
The cost of a security guard service is determined by several factors. As an example, the average cost of a security guard in the United Kingdom might range from £25 to £150 per hour.
Some companies charge hourly rates, while others provide a fixed quote, but it’s always a good idea to have a definite estimate before proceeding. This allows you to successfully manage your money and avoid unwanted surprises.
Cost considerations for recruiting security personnel include:
You may notice a large difference in the costs listed above; this is due to a variety of factors that influence the cost of a security guard.
A security appointment’s duration is likely to vary greatly. You might want to hire a guard for the following reasons:
- A set number of hours per week.
- It’s a full-time job.
- A one-time occurrence.
- A necessity for temporary site security.
In terms of cost per hour, a longer-term contract is usually more cost-effective. If the task is ongoing, long-term, or for a prolonged length of time, you will profit from the economies of scale.
Many firms’ security standards, however, are subject to change. While assets need to be protected, or when specific events or activities are taking place, having a security guard on hand provides essential reassurance.
Hiring a professional for limited scope work will cost somewhat more per hour than a longer-term contract, but it will save you money by eliminating any ongoing costs.
Do you require the services of a security dog?
K9 security adds an extra layer of security by acting as a powerful visual deterrent to anyone attempting to break security. Dog units can react faster, cover more ground, and be employed for a wider range of transactions (such as sniffer dogs for drug detection).
If you need a security canine patrol, you’ll need to hire people who are qualified dog handlers and have the right truck, signage, and equipment, which could raise the cost of security guard hire.
Type of occasion
Security personnel are frequently assigned to various events. They may assist with a variety of needs and provide services for a variety of events as a multi-faceted expert.
The following are some instances in which a security guard is required:
- Site safety.
- Public gatherings.
- Large-scale business events.
- New facilities are being built.
- Periods of heavy traffic in high-traffic venues.
- Parties, occasions, and festivities
- Civic or business events
- Situations in which a large audience is expected.
The type of security guard you need, their experience, and the resources you’ll need are all determined by the type of event you’re hosting.
Significant events, for example, may require more than one member of staff with crowd control skills. Security guards who are properly trained in dealing with disturbances when minors are present are required at events where youngsters are likely to be present.
Security guards do a variety of tasks. This more complete degree of security is likely to need a greater budget if you need an in-depth and hands-on approach to every aspect of site safety.
When venues are closed or not in use, other sites require basic guards, however nightly patrols and atypical hours may be more expensive than daytime shifts.
Services offered include:
- Entrances with guards.
- Patrols on wheels.
- Canine teams.
- Ticketing administration.
- Controls for fire safety.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Emergency situation.
- Services for bodyguards.
- Protection for valuable assets.
Because your security guard will have to go to your site or venue, guarding a remote location may be more expensive due to the increased travel time.
Depending on how public access is provided and how many entry and exit points are accessible, some places will bring unique obstacles, while others will have more stringent security requirements.
Here are some examples of service changes based on location:
- Private access zones must be blocked off or guarded for public events held in large facilities such as corporate headquarters or schools.
- Entrance security, pass or ticket verification, and credential inspection will be required at ticketed or limited entry venues.
- Outdoor sites, for example, necessitate more stringent crowd management and heightened awareness of entrance points and potential risk elements.
- Fire safety management in enclosed spaces will necessitate additional security measures.
- In areas with significant traffic, more precise traffic flow, pedestrian access, and crowd control are required.
- A security guard can keep your site running efficiently and ensure that only authorized visitors have access in each location. However, the cost will be affected by the variety of locations and types of venues.
Hiring security guards with extensive experience and proper certifications and accreditations is always a good idea. Specialized events and bespoke services are likely to be more expensive, but they are necessary for providing effective safety for high-risk places or events.
Choosing security professionals from your local area will save you money on travel and provide you with local knowledge.